Sunday, August 21, 2011

a perfect weekend.

I felt so loved this weekend- D came to visit me, I received care packages, cards, treats, drawings from so many special people.  thank you to you all for your generosity and kind words of love and encouragement. I feel so special to have such an amazing family. I can't wait to come home.. I miss and love everyone so much.

D and I had a perfect camping weekend. highlights included..
*fresh okanagan cherries and peaches! and fresh raspberries too
*lazy walks along the beach
*afternoon frisbee
*a rowing adventure 
*campfire and smores! (thanks l & t for the smores fixin's and lending us the camping gear!)
*a visit to our campsite from my favourite science nerd friends.




it was perfect in every way possible.  I already miss him like crazy and can't wait to be at home again.  

off to hit the books, do some yoga and enjoy a fresh peach and a slice of my moms delicious banana bread as my afternoon snack. 
hope everyone had a great weekend.
--m

2 comments:

  1. Awee glad you and D got to spend some time together. Sorry I havent sent you a care package...things have been busy..(not that that is a good excuse).. Love you and thinking of you lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the smores and time with your guy. The count down to returning is on, as is gearing up for school...again...yikes! SEE you soon!! xoxo L.

    ReplyDelete