Sunday, August 7, 2011

get your bake on. (because I can't)

I miss baking SO much.  can't wait to get creative in the kitchen when I get home in september.  I also desperately miss eating my baking.  SO currently, I am accepting care packages- anybody interested in sending me one?  you could include some of these delicious things...



banana pudding by a cozy kitchen


strawberry sour cream ice cream by my life as a mrs.


cake batter rice crispy treats by gimmie some oven

Okay, you don't actually have to send baking.  I don't think those treats package up and travel very well.  but a letter would be awesome! I love receiving mail and the address is on the bamfield marine sciences centre website if anyone is interested! it is nice to have something to look forward to :)

since I am not baking, in my very minimal free time I have been...

*catching up my blog reading
*yoga goodness
*learning the shuffle with my classmates. yes, yes I am serious.
*putting our mattresses on the floor of our dorm and watching the movie up while snacking on treats.  treats that we had to row across to the other side of the inlet to get. a row boat is now my most common mode of transportation. it is refreshing to go without driving for so long!
*lying in the grass under the beautiful sunshine and reading my book
*nature walks-

enjoying the view.

forest lovin'

our little adventure walk

massive tree trunk!

I am so happy to call this island home.  can't imagine living anywhere else.
--m

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a good time friend! Glad you have found ways to pass the down time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where's the pic of the rowboat?? M- xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the shuffle!! Great pics, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean you are boat safety approved? haha! You are having the most amazing experience, just like you thought. Miss you though...L xo

    ReplyDelete