Wednesday, May 25, 2011

overnight oats.

so with my work schedule now being 8-4, my mornings are quite early.  my usual breakfast is oatmeal but now that I am a bit more crunched for time I wanted something quick.. overnight oats save the day!
I have seen several fellow bloggers brag about overnight oats so I thought I would give it a try!

last night I combined:
*1/2 cup rolled oats
*1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
*1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

after leaving it sit all night, in the morning it looked like this..



this morning I added a banana, a tsp of peanut butter and some flax seed.


and shortly after, my bowl was empty! these were a hit and exceptionally quick! exactly what I was looking for.  it took a few bites to get used to cold oats.  these are definitely going to be a weekday breakfast staple in my house.  I am going to try some different variations including nuts, berries and cocoa! delicious!

off to work!
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment