Friday, May 6, 2011

birthday celebrations.

unfortunately I didn't get around to taking any pictures at the first round of birthday celebrations on thursday with derek's family but we had a wonderful time. pizza party with chocolate cake and great company! it was so nice to catch up with everyone- all in all a fantastic time! love sharing birthday celebrations with tye and gramma!

friday, with my family, we started the afternoon off with a nice walk through linley valley which the majority of us had never been to before. it was a wonderful park and when I have more energy I can't wait to explore it again. we were basically the only ones around and enjoyed walking around the park for about an hour. we went to darc and ange's for a bbq dinner afterwards which was delicious!! I made a quinoa salad to bring which turned out quite well considering I kind of amalgamated several recipes into one that I thought would suit everyone best. I really enjoyed it and will be having leftovers for lunch! we had quite the spread for food and I stuffed myself to the brim. had to leave room for chocolate cake though! mmm yum. following that we exchanged gifts and then abby provided us with some entertainment in the form of dancing. abby starts kids yoga tomorrow! how awesome




ange and abby's matching aprons.. cookin' up a storm!

happy weekend.
--m

No comments:

Post a Comment